Monday 13 May 2013

Today is brought to you by the letter 'E' and the number 13.


It's 2013 and today is the 13th. It's also the start of Eurovision week in Malmö, with the first semi-final tomorrow night.

By a marvellous numerical coincidence, today is also the thirteenth anniversary of the last Eurovision in Sweden, held in Stockholm's Globen Arena on Saturday 13 May 2000.

Eurovision 2000 was the first one I attended abroad, as I didn't go to Israel in 1999, so it's full of great memories for me.

Song number 13 that night was Spain's 'Colgado de un sueño', sung by Serafín Zubiri.

The song that finished 13th was the fabulous 'No Goodbyes' by Linda Wagenmakers (and her enormous dress) for the Netherlands.

No song scored 13 points.

I think we've milked this for all it's worth, don't you? Nicki French (as far as I know, but she'll let me know) has no connection with the number 13, but she was our entry that night, so, er, let's play that song again.



No comments:

Post a Comment